, if you would like to give Greatest Dive Sites permission, only by request, to upload dive items to your FaceBook account and visa versa.
Spectacular dive sites are found when diving in Florida, Miami, Key Largo and Key West.
Take a look at all the pictures!
Recent diving activity from our members
This site, named after a 9 ft stake (actually an 8 " diameter pipe) which marked the reef to keep deeper draft vess...
- Joe's Tug: Joe's Tug was broken apart by the 2005 storms....
- Adolphus Busch Sr.: An excellent dive when it has been calm for a few ...
Avocet Dredge Barge
The avocet is an excellent wreck for seeing marine life. Almost anyday you'll see 50 or more barracubas hanging on the t...
My brother and I fulfilled my mothers last wish and I made a cement cast in the shape of a heart and placed her ashes in...
St Pete Beach Reef
Getting certified to dive is easy. There's a lot of shops around here that have pools that offer classes. Persona...
This was a great dive! I saw tons of Jelly fish and the biggest Blue Line angel fish I had ever seen. It was probably ab...
- Veterans Reef...
When people think about diving in the USA, they think about scuba diving in Florida and all the dive sites which have made diving special here. Besides southern California and Texas it is the only place in the United States of America were warm water diving can be done. Water temperatures can exceed 25 degrees Celsius in summer which offers many opportunities for huge coral formations to appear, healthy reefs to grow and huge amounts of marine fish to live.
Miami and at the Keys are easy and relatively cheap places to arrange tours and rent equipment for diving. However, Florida is not only a paradise for divers as it also has spectacular boulevards and beaches. It is one of those holiday destinations in the West where you can really believe you are in paradise. Crystal clear springs, huge lagoons, many national parks, white sandy beach, shopping and all the entertainment you can dream of. Also, Florida golf courses are some of the best in the world.
In the West lies an area called Pensacola Pass, where many famous wrecks are located. There are hundreds of crystal clear springs which offer enough sweet water dive sites all over Florida. Other regions are Panama City, Naples, Tampa and Jacksonville which have become prime dive destinations in its own. The main diving however is located in the South of Florida, near the North America's only ecosystem and coral barrier reef in front of the Keys. It is here where diving has become the biggest source of income.
- Biscayne National Park lays between Miami and Key Largo and is a paradise on earth with emerald islands and brilliant coral reefs.
- From Key Largo in the North, to central Key places such as Islamorada, Marathon up to Key West in the south, they are all diving paradises. Some of the un-inhabited smaller keys are wildlife reserves where marine life is well protected and where strict rules and permits apply, but diving is often available through some kind of tour operator.
- Tortugas and Dry Tortugas National Park are another seventy miles West of Key West and only accessible after a four hour boat ride. It if famous for its diving, its stunning remote location with fort and for the birds that nest there.
- Other areas near Miami such as Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale lift on its Keys success and are huge tourist attractions with beautiful beaches and boulevards. There are many interesting dive sites along its shores, but most of them cannot be compared with those in the Keys.
Florida is America's top dive destination with United States only barrier reef, healthy corals and huge amounts of coral fish. Diving can be done here in shorts or thin lycra suits and tours are relatively cheap and very easy to arrange. Enjoy this divers paradise!